A few weeks back I was contacted by PumperNicholl from The Royal Half about participating in the first annual Professional Hockey Bloggers Association awards voting. They put together 65 blogs (65!) to vote on the seven big awards.
Each blog was given one entry to select up to five players for each award. Here’s how the voting played out:
Hart Trophy: Sidney Crosby
Norris Trophy: Duncan Keith
Vezina Trophy: Tuukka Rask
Selke Trophy: Patrice Bergeron
Calder Trophy: Nathan MacKinnon
Lady Byng: Ryan O’Reilly
Jack Adams: Patrick Roy
I strongly urge you to head over to The Royal Half and look at the full voting results. The guys at TRH deserve a ton of credit for getting so many blogs together to vote and managing to find 65 bloggers who were able to get all the positions correct.
Here’s how I voted for each of the awards:
1. Sidney Crosby 2. Ryan Getzlaf 3. Claude Giroux 4. Alex Ovechkin 5. Jonathan Toews
1. Ryan Suter 2. Alex Pietrangelo 3. Drew Doughty 4. Shea Weber 5. Duncan Keith
1. Tuukka Rask 2. Ben Bishop 3. Semyon Varlamov 4. Carey Price 5. Antti Niemi
1. Patrice Bergeron 2. Anze Kopitar 3. Jonathan Toews 4. David Backes 5. Pavel Datsyuk
1. Nathan MacKinnon 2. Olli Maatta 3. Torrey Krug 4. Hampus Lindholm 5. Ondrej Palat
1. Martin St. Louis 2. Ryan O’Reilly 3. Tyler Seguin 4. Phil Kessell 5. Patrick Kane
1. Patrick Roy 2. Jon Cooper 3. Mike Babcock 4. Ken Hitchcock 5. Todd McLellan
Nothing out of the ordinary here. I wish I had put more thought into Marty St. Louis for the Lady Byng, but otherwise I stand by each vote I cast. There were a few interesting names in the overall voting if you look over the full breakdown at The Royal Half.